Radio Shuttle System assisted to Storage Rack System for massive storage
Radio Shuttle System maximizes the utilization of warehouse space, which maintains selectivity between levels and increases operational efficiency. The radio shuttle racking system provides storage flexibility and customized designs for efficient pallet handling, to ncrease your warehouse productivity and reduce overhead cost by implementing an inventory system that uses a radio shuttle cart to deposit and retrieve the pallets.
- You need a high density, heavy duty pallet storage solution
- You typically dispatch by batch or by containers
- You use either LIFO or FIFO system
- You want an alternative solution to Drive In Racking
WAP RADIO SHUTTLE
A compact, heavy duty pallet storage rack system in which a radio shuttle cart driven by an electric motor runs on rails inside the shuttle rack channels, replacing forklifts, considerably reducing operating times and enabling items to be grouped by channels rather than complete lanes like drive in rack.
Radio shuttle cart follows orders sent by an operator using a tablet with RF or WiFi connection, depositing the load in the first free placement location in the channel and compacting the pallets as much as possible. So how does it compare to Drive In Rack? By removing the need to drive forklifts into the lanes, storage capacity is increased in terms of depth, the risk of accidents and damage to the racks and stored pallet goods is negligible, operator movements are optimized and warehouse operation is modernized and made more flexible.
In this semi-automated installations, operators only need to drive the forklifts that carry the pallets and initiate the motorized shuttle’s activity. The movement of the Radio Shuttle Carts inside the shuttle racks is automated with a few commands selected by you on your handheld remote that will be provided with each Radio Shuttle Cart unit.
IT IS AN IDEAL SOLUTION FOR COMPANIES WITH A HIGH VOLUME OF PALLETS PER SKU AND INTENSIVE LOADING AND UNLOADING ACTIVITIES.
HIGHLIGHTED BENEFITS OF RADIO SHUTTLE & SHUTTLE RACK
- Highly Scalable
Pallet storage and retrieval rates can be increased by adding additional Radio Shuttle Cart units.
- Super-compact storage
100% of available space is optimized. This warehouse automated storage rack system makes the most of limited space and forklift truck fleets.
- FIFO/FILO Compatible
Compatible with both FIFO and FILO rotation, suitable for manufacturing business with high throughputs such as FMCG, Food, Beverage, Rubber, Chemical Industry, and more.
- Saving time and costs
Reachtruck no longer needs to enter the rack to reduce labor and material handling cost; eliminated damage on stored goods; improves throughputs. The time and money saved from this investment, in turn, generates more profit for the company.
- Being suitable for frozen storage
The minimum temperature could be up to -30℃
HOW IT WORKS
WAP Radio Shuttle travels below the pallets then elevates the palletized goods from the pallet rails and carries it back and forth within the shuttle rack system as commanded. Controlled via handheld remote, the WAP Radio Shuttle Cart unit is mechanically propelled ensuring high reliability and low energy consumption.
So, you may ask: What is the advantage of this semi-automated storage rack system has against the traditional drive in rack system? The advantage is that it eliminates the cost of forklift driver(s), reachtruck(s), and the damage of goods from mishandling. It is also a great alternative to Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS), as it is more affordable relatively. However, Radio Shuttle System can also be combined with an ASRS system if needed.
Radio Shuttle System Assisted to Storage Rack System is compatible with both FIFO and FILO system, and can also be used for mixed operational types. Its high degree of flexibility makes it possible to reach dynamically to multiple challenges.
Leave the thinking for us to do for you. Send an inquiry through e-mail today to learn more, tell us about your requirement, and we can get your warehouse automated with Shuttle Rack and Radio Shuttle Cart in less than 2 months.
|Step 1: Use a forklift to place the radio shuttle cart on the level where work needs to be done||Step 2: Use forklift to place pallet one by one onto the entrance to the level|
|Step 3: Radio Shuttle carry the pallets one by one into the nearest space available|
Step 4: Once the pallet is stored, Radio Shuttle cart returns to the entrance (home position) to repeat the process or execute a new order
REQUIRED CONDITIONS FOR DESIGN & OFFER
Please provide the below required information to start your warehouse automation project:
- Pallet Size (Width x Depth x Loaded Pallet Height mm)
- Pallet Weight *Max. 1500kg
- Layout or Dimensions of Available Space (Width x Depth x Net Height mm)
- Target Pallet Storage Location
- Warehouse temperature
Benefits of WAP Radio Shuttle System
Saving Space for more storage capacity
- Increased number of pallets in depth: storage channels can exceed 100m in height; the limit is imposed by the material handling means used.
- The system works with minimal clearances between levels, which allows for high-density storage.
- Through the use of sensors, the shuttles can position loads intelligently, eliminating empty spaces in the storage lanes. As such, the effective capacity of the warehouse (which takes into account flows of goods in and out of the warehouse) reflects its physical capacity.
Saving Time for high working efficiency
- Loading and unloading times are reduced since the operator does not need to work inside the lanes.
- Running speed of the radio shuttle cart of 60 m/min.
- Load lifting cycle of just 3 seconds.
- On being given a single command, the shuttle can fill or empty a whole lane.
- On being given “Auto-Arrange” command, the Radio Shuttle Cart auto-arrange the palletized goods to the position nearer to the entrance. This productivity function is especially useful for a deeper bay channel, effectively further reduce travel time taken to retrieve pallet from racking.
Increased Productivity for quick operation
- An increased flow of goods in and out of the warehouse.
- Unlike conventional drive-in systems, references can be grouped by channel, rather than requiring a full lane, which allows for greater diversification.
- Optimization of operator movements. Product-to-person system: this is the load that moves to the operator.
- While the Radio Shuttle Cart carries out a command, the operator can collect another pallet, thus achieving continuous movement.
- Depending on temperature and load conditions, the shuttle has an operational range of up to 8 hours, working at full capacity.
- The AGM batteries are easily accessible and have fast connections, they can be changed quickly without interrupting the operation cycle.
- Essentially, a radio Shuttle cart can operate 24/7. Each Radio Shuttle Cart comes with 2 batteries + 2 spare batteries. Two will be charged while the other two are being used inside the Radio Shuttle Cart. Each battery can carry out 8 hours of operation with 8 hours of charge.
- Elimination of errors.
- The system is easy to use and easy to maintain.
- A single remote can be used to control each Radio Shuttle Cart.
- Inventory function “Auto-Count”: The shuttle can take stock of the number of pallets stored in a channel.
Saving Money for low cost
- The result of the benefits mentioned previously, together with the consumption of energy, is a reduction in costs, making Radio Shuttle Cart one of the most cost-effective compact storage systems.
- Thanks to the way that the structure is built, and given that forklifts do not need to drive into the lanes, the risk of accidents is practically non-existent, and the metallic racks are not damaged, meaning maintenance is kept to a minimum.
- Both the Shuttle Rack and the Radio Shuttle Cart have built-in safety features specifically designed to ensure the correct operation of the Radio Shuttle System.