Radio Shuttle System is a high density storage system where a radio shuttle cart, powered by an electric motor, runs along rails inside a storage channel. By replacing forklifts, the radio shuttle solution considerably reduces operating times and enables SKUs to be grouped by channels rather than by entire lanes.
Radio shuttle system follows orders sent by an operator through a WiFi connected tablet. It deposits its load in the first free location in the channel, while compacting the pallets as much as possible. Not having forklift traffic inside the lanes increases storage capacity in terms of depth and decreases the risk of accidents. Damage to the radio shuttle racks is then negligible, operator movements are optimized and warehouse operations modernized and made more flexible.
Radio shuttle system could store up to 90% of the total area. With the usage of Radio Shuttle Cart that can be controlled by the remote unit. This process of taking cargoes in and out from the rack can be speedy and accurately with the position control system.
Advantages of Radio Shuttle Racking
- up to 90% of the storage space
- store with both First-in, First-out (FIFO) and Last-in, First-out (LIFO) system
- reduce craches between forklift and rack
- Maximum use of storage volume
- Time-saving due to simultaneous use of shuttles and industrial trucks and semi-automatic storage and retrieval
- Higher flexibility compared to conventional compact storage systems such as drive-in racks: Several rack levels can be loaded.
- Higher turnover performance: Semi-automatic storage and retrieval: LiFo (Last-in-First-out) and FiFo (First-in-First-out) possible
- Careful transport of loads