Racking supported building consists of a complete racking system that provides the basic structural support for the building’s roof and walls. The highest density storage solution possible for nearly every type of pallet rack, this method of building construction reduces construction costs, lead times and minimizes the building footprint.
Storage racking supported building is a warehouse racking constructed as a building in accordance with construction codes, regulations and laws. It is space efficient and cost effective solution especially for mass-storage and high-rise Automated Storage and Retrieval System (AS/RS) , and Radio Shuttle System.
WAP High density storage solution with highly efficient racking system that provides the structural support for the building's roof and walls, in compared with regular ASRS, a rack supported building reduces construction time, saves cost and space.
- Turnkey solution
- Integrated easily with an AS/RS system, Radio Shuttle Storage System
- Eliminates building columns since rack supports the structure
- Can be built at heights over 30meters
- Inclement weather and seismic conditions have minimal impact on the building
- Utilizes height instead of land mass
- Tax advantages available
Racking clading building is the most economic storage solution when a new building is required. Although AS/RS applications are the most common type of rack supported building, other racking systems such as seletive pallet racking, Double Deep Pallet Racking and radio shuttle racking are also available. When land is at a premium and an accelerated construction schedule is required, a rack supported building is the optimal choice.
Rack Supported Warehouse Benefits
- Rack-Supported Structures provide the highest storage density
- Buildings support columns are replaced with structural uprights leading to increased storage density and reduced over all steel costs
- A Rack Supported Building optimizes space utilization while minimizing footprint, increasing the overall storage per square foot
- Accelerated depreciation is allowed for a rack supported structure
- Insurance costs are often less than in a traditional steel frame building
- The enhanced land utilization is especially beneficial in situations where land is at a premium
- Ideal for high wind, snow load , and seismic applications, as forces are spread across multiple frames
Next: Radio Shuttle Cart