Radio Shuttle Rack, also called pallet shuttle system, is a deep lane storage and retrieval system, The heart of the system is a radio shuttle cart used to move pallets within a specifically designed racking structure. This results in an optimised storage capacity, Semi-automated, high density storage.
Radio shuttle rack system, or pallet shuttle system, consists of a specific rack and a mobile shuttle cart. This shuttle cart is a self-powered device that runs on rails in the storage lanes to load and unload pallets. The forklift will place the pallet shuttle in the lane where the action is. From its home position, the shuttle performs the loading and unloading tasks without any further human intervention.
These tasks are communicated by the forklift driver using a remote control. Once the task is completed the shuttle returns to its home position and is then ready to be transported with a forklift truck to a new lane for a new task. Each shuttle unit runs on lithium batteries with a long autonomy (up to 10h) and a short charging time (max 5h).
- Speed: 0.8 m/s loaded – 1 m/s empty
- Load capacity: Max. 1500 kg
- Different pallet types can be used: euro, industry & combined. Also big bags, CP 1-9, plastic pallets.
- The system is designed to work in temperatures from -30° C upwards.
- The lane depth is unlimited.
- Long lasting batteries are included. They guarantee maximum autonomy thus optimising the operating time.
- The electro-mechanical lifting device is easy to maintain, and ideal for cold store applications.
- LIFO and FIFO are possible in the same installation.
- Inventory counting.
- CE certified and ISO 9001
The highest possible storage density
By introducing more shuttles into your racking system, the performance will increase. The system can be used for new installations as well as for refurbishments, and is independent from the number and the depth of the lanes. The automated system guarantees the highest possible storage density.