Shuttle Carrier System>>More
Requirement: I need to share a large number of sKus at significant quantities per sKu. Also I need fast replenishment, maximum space exploitation and low administration costs.
Solution: the “radio shuttle racking” system is the optimum solution for this complex need. the system operates through the use of one or more robotic vehicles which undertake the pallet moving task in the dense storage shelving. investing in a radio shuttle system reduces significant operational costs. Consequently return on investment is achieved in a short period of time for warehouses where high volumes of merchandise are moved at high speed.
The radio shuttle racking solution is a self-powered pallet carrying device that runs on rails in storage lanes in specifically designed racking structures, for loading and unloading of pallets. The radio shuttle, consists of a programmable mobile carrier that is transportable between racks (by means of a traditional forklift) and a specifically designed racking structure, thus optimizes the time of the employees.
For example, the forklift driver wants to retrieve a number of pallets from a specific lane. In order to do so, he places the radio shuttle (on home position) in the lane and gives the appropriate command via the accompanied remote control.
Radio Shuttle advantages
Then radio shuttle cart carries out the assignment by running up and down the lane without any further intervention, giving the driver the opportunity to perform other tasks. this way, the number of operators needed remains limited. In case, during certain periods of time demand, and thus rotation, increases in the warehouse, you can simply introduce more radio shuttles.
Radio shuttle operational functions:
- FIFO: pallets moved to end position, storage and retrieval from opposite sides.
- LIFO: pallets moved to the home position, storage and retrieval from same side.
- Single Pallet in / out: radio shuttle moves back to prevent damage.
- Store/retrieve a specific number or all pallets in a lane.
- Move pallets to the picking face (lifo & fifo).
- Change side: radio shuttle runs under pallets to opposite location in fifo applications (shift home position).
- Pallet count-function: radio shuttle travels under pallets and counts the number of pallets.
- Low battery < 40%: radio shuttle will not perform any cycles and sends message to the remote control detection of location of the radio shuttle in rack.
- Recovery mode: manual removal with magnets.
Benefits of Radio Shuttle racking solutions:
- A radio shuttle system offers the highest possible density storage and is considered the best solution amongst non fully automated systems.
- The system is semi-automated (works in combination with a fork lift truck).
- While the radio shuttle transports the load within the racking the fork lift driver is free to work elsewhere, thus optimizing his time.
- Compact storage of one article (sKu) per lane.
- Ability to handle the pallets fifo and lifo (refer to specific configuration in this quote).
- Robust construction.
- AC-motor/inverter technology.
- Compact compared to DC-motors (less height, more space for battery).
- Less maintenance.
- Electro-mechanical cam (eccentric) lifting mechanism (constant lifting on all sides).
- No hydraulics (no oil leakage).
- Opportunity charging.
- Large battery capacity.
- Short charging time.
- Braking energy is regenerated, thus optimizing the operating autonomy.