Radio Shuttle Racking is a Semi-automated and high density storage with a deep lane storage and retrieval system. The principal of the storage system is a radio shuttle cart used to move pallets within a specifically designed racking structure. This results in an optimised storage capacity.
The operations of Radio Shuttle Racking
The pallet shuttle system consists of a specific rack and a movable shuttle cart by forklift. This radio shuttle cart is a self-powered device that runs on rails in the storage lanes to load and unload pallets. The forklift will place the pallet shuttle in the lane where the action is. From its home position, the shuttle cart performs the loading and unloading tasks without any further human intervention.
These tasks communicates by the forklift driver using a remote control. The shuttle cart returns to its home position after finishing tasks, ready to transporte with a forklift truck to a new lane for a new task. Each shuttle cart runs on lithium batteries with a long autonomy (up to 10h) and a short charging time (max 6h).
- Running Speed: 0.8 m/s – 1 m/s with loading
- Load capacity: 25 kg – 1500 kg
- Different pallet types can be used: Euro, industry & combined. Also big bags, CP 1-9, plastic pallets.
- Designed to work in temperatures from -30° C upwards.
- unlimited for lane depth (suggested 50meters at most).
- Long lasting batteries with guarantee maximum autonomy thus optimising the operating time.
- The electro-mechanical lifting device is easy to maintain, and ideal for cold store applications.
- LIFO and FIFO are possible in the same installation.
- Inventory counting.
- CE certified by SGS since 2010 years.
- Several finished project cases with over 2500sets of radio shuttle carts all over the world
The highest possible storage density
By introducing more shuttle carts into your racking system, the performance will increase. The system can be used for new installations as well as for refurbishments, and is independent from the number and the depth of the lanes. The automated system guarantees the highest possible storage density.